Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The - 3rd Rainbow Cake..

2 weeks notice.. My aunt called to order a birthday cake from me.. its for my cousin 21st birthday.. she had specifically asked for a rainbow cake.. She had asked for a price but since I am an amateur and had no confidence in baking a birthday cake, let alone a rainbow cake, I had told her to put her own price tag on my cake.. That was how the conversation ends..

Happy, excited, nervous that was how I felt.. Happy that my aunt trusted me to bake a cake knowing I had never sold any cakes.. Excited that I was given the opportunity to bake my cousin 21st birthday cake.. Nervous cos - What if it fails??

Did my research on a fool proof baking cake.. The right frosting recipe.. the right glaze.. The crumb coat.. 2 weeks was more than enuf preparation for me.. Bought the necessary tools waking up early for baking.. It paid off.. My hard work paid off..

The expression that I got for my aunt was priceless.. Alhamdulillah it turns out pretty good.. I amaze myself all the time..

Here are the pictures:





I am a happy baker! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment